Downpipes & Exhaust Upgrades for Birmingham Area Drivers
Downpipes are an important component of the exhaust system in a car, and they play a critical role in boosting the performance of your sports car. These pipes connect the exhaust manifold to the catalytic converter, and they are responsible for directing exhaust gases away from the engine.
The performance benefits of downpipes come from the reduction of backpressure in the exhaust system. Backpressure is the resistance to the flow of exhaust gases as they travel through the exhaust system. This resistance can cause the engine to work harder, which can reduce power and fuel efficiency. By reducing backpressure, downpipes allow exhaust gases to flow more freely, which can result in increased horsepower and torque for your driving pleasure.
Types of Downpipes
There are two main types of downpipes: high-flow and catless. High-flow downpipes feature larger diameter pipes and mandrel-bent construction, which allows for a smoother flow of exhaust gases. This can result in improved horsepower and torque gains, as well as that improved engine sound you’re craving.
Catless downpipes, on the other hand, do not have a catalytic converter. This can result in even greater horsepower and torque gains, but it also means that the car will no longer meet emissions standards.
Vehicles We Service
The Installation Process to Produce Desired Results
Installing downpipes can be a bit more complicated than other performance modifications, as it requires the removal of the factory exhaust system. This can typically be done by our professional mechanics to ensure your exhaust system delivers the power and sound you want.
Downpipes can be purchased as a kit, which includes all the necessary parts, or as individual components. Downpipes can also be paired with other performance modifications, such as cold air intake and cat-back exhaust systems, to further increase horsepower and torque. Ask us about what’s right for your car to achieve the sound, performance, and enhancements you want.
We back all our performance with our minimum 12-month/12,000-mile warrantyand guarantee better performance
Franklin Performance Serves Birmingham and the Surrounding Areas
Downpipes are an important component of the exhaust system in a car and they play a critical role in boosting performance. They reduce back pressure in the exhaust system, which results in increased horsepower and torque.
So, if you are looking to boost your car’s performance, have our mechanics install downpipes as part of a comprehensive performance upgrade for your make and model!
We are proud to serve clients from:
- Mountain Brook
Franklin Performance offers top-of-the-line equipment and superior craftsmanship. Choose from our top-quality intakes, downpipes, superchargers, turbos, and more. Leave the worry of performance behind with our unmatched service that includes loaner cars, a shuttle, financing, and a comfortable waiting area. Experience what it’s like to drive the sports car of your dreams with help from Franklin Automotive.
- I was referred to Franklin Automotive by a family member and was very satisfied with friendly atmosphere and high quality of workmanship that was done to my vehicle.Daniel Buczek
- What an exceptional job, I’m very satisfied with the outcome. Very customer oriented and professional staff.Robert Gibson
- Love these guys! They’re always on top of their game! I always come to them to get my oil change. Highly recommend them!Aldo Gonzalez
- The consummate ProfessionalsChristopher D Prevel
- Very convenient and customer friendly place. Good pricing and quality of service. 4th vehicle we bring here and no single complain.Dmitriy Kravchuk
- Excellent servicebillydaw1
- Great service and reasonable prices!Samuel Ford
- Best shop in town! Top notch work, honest, and fastJeremy Slocum
- The people are the most courteous, knowledgeable, friendly but most of all honest.Maureen Petrofsky
- The back door lift of my infinity truck would not open and I called Franklin auto snd they literally saved my life.Debra Hackworth
- I love this place, the service here is outstanding.doty wright
- Professional. Experience. Master certified technicians. Helpful shuttle to get to and from work and shop. Will be using again.Susan Douglas
- Awesome group of guys. Patched a tire on my wife car as soon as I pulled up. Was in and out in 10 minutes. Would highly recommend!Brandon McCroy
- Always excellent service. I don't take my car anywhere else! Thanks!Lita Peer
- 10/10 recommend to anyone! They’re super quick and understanding with service. Thanks Franklin Automotive!Mae Ramey
- Franklin Automotive was amazing and customer care was great! Made me feel like a valued customer. Thanks guys!McKenzie King
- Always courteous and honest. Service both of our vehicles here. Glad I found them.pat thomas
- They were super professional from the point go. We dropped off our vehicle off.Steven White
- Great service, honest businessBob & Heatherly Marlow
- I felt really comfortable there and didn’t feel taken advantage of.dollfacefifty
- It was great!Marlon Gladden
- DiagnosticMiranda Gamble
- Franklin Automotive has taken care of my car a couple times and I've been very satisfied with both the professional service and the customer care.Kim Horton
- Always friendly. They know my car as well or better than the dealer. Prices are very competitive and parts are from the manufacturer.Chris Harlow
- Great service, very knowledgeable and professional.Spencer Welch
- Great service and very nice people! They got me fixed up the same day for a very affordable price! I will definitely be back!Jacob Hodge
- The team at Franklin are great. I buy my tires from them and they always have great prices. Plus, they treat their customers like royalty.Hank Powers
- Franklin Automotive made a stressful and uncertain time with my vehicle less stressful as they possibly could. God Bless You Guys!!Parys Sharp
- I had a great experience with Franklin Automotive. They even followed up with a hand-addressed thank you note.Natali Herrmann
- They always do a great job.Steve Spencer
- They always get my car serviced quickly and have a ride available if needed. I will definitely send customers over to them!Alaricand Shannon
- They are always nice!! I feel comfortable as a woman taking my car because they are very through and don't suggest services i don't need.Isha Moore
- Franklin Automotive is the best!!! I have used them for several years and they are always great! I would highly recommend this business.Laura Fuentes
- I was very pleased with their service.Connie Scarbrough
- You won’t go wrong taking your car to Franklin, they’re trustworthy professional people that do good work.Matthew Shipman
- Perfect! EXACTLY what I wanted! Oh yeah, I'll be back! 🙂David Schlueter
- This autoshop is amazing! They didn't just clean my car but they ✨ cleaned ✨ my car!Marth Le'mar
- We have used Franklin Automotive for well over a decade and we have always been pleased with their service, expertise, trustworthiness and professionalism.Jenny Thornton
- Would use them again!Lyn Cosby
- Saved me $1,000! Estimate from Hoover Toyota was $1,200 and Franklin got the job done for $200.Brian Baker
- Franklin is really accommodating and responsive. If you keep your cars for many years, you'll want to get them serviced at Franklin.Gerriann Fagan
- They quickly diagnosed the problem and had it repaired within an hour of diagnosing. Keep up the great work!Preston Cross
- Franklin Automotive far exceeded my expectations for any automotive service center. They will treat you right !!Scott Holcombe
- They did a great job. My car (Volkswagon Jetta) runs like new. Very pleased with Franklin. The overall experience with them was great.Lee and Janet Collier
- These guys are honest, they don't have unreasonable prices, the people are all friendly, the drivers are amazing, and they are fast!!They quoted me $518 for a huge fix.James Clarke
- Top notch facility ! What a wonderful place. I only wish it was closer to my home in Huntsville.kyle mclaughlan
- Super great people here, never been taken advantage of!John Theabolt
- FabulousKate Harris
- Very qualified and professional staff doing great work.Mell Dobbs
- Franklin Automotive is amazing! Charlie is awesome, nice, friendly, professional and he goes above and beyond to help you.Palyn Softball